Game day is coming this weekend and if you’re anything like me, watching the actual game is not as exciting to me as the half-time show and socializing.
But one thing I remember for sure were all the times I left super bowl parties, over stuffed, feeling sick and wanting to drink a gallon of water from the salty chips, to excess sugar and high-fat foods.
What I learned in making healthy living my lifestyle, was how to always make me top priority and how to also, make every life situation adaptable to work for me (the empowered non-dieter mentality), not against me (that’s the victim mentality of the dieter).
Now, every social situation is an opportunity for me to show up for me, to choose me and to leave feeling good in my body, knowing my food choices were on my terms, not the other way around!
You know, where you feel like food has the hypnotic pull over you where before you know it, you downed 2 sleeves of cookies or a large plate of nachos!
This week, I had the pleasure of taping another segment for the CW that I wanted to share with you, so you too can make you, your health, weight and happiness your top priority, instead of slaving away in the kitchen, spending tons of time, money or overeating foods that make you feel, not so good…
Everything I did is served in smaller portions, that way, you control what you put in your mouth, not the other way around. I used mini cups, plates and bowls so people can grab and go.
Especially with flu season, the less hand in a bowl the better!
My motto when it comes to food…clean, simple and easy! 5 ingredients or less and under 15 minutes! I want to have fun and not be stuck in the kitchen or not having healthy food choices.
Below are simple ideas for Super Bowl or anytime you need to bring something to a social event.
Healthy Super Bowl Eats & Treats
- Sweet & Salty Popcorn Cups – Popcorn with peanuts & mini dark chocolate chips
- Savory & Spicy Popcorn Cups – Popcorn with pistachios and paprika
- Half Fat Guacamole Plus Protein – Combine 1/2 Plain Greek Yogurt and 1/2 Guacamole
- California Deviled Eggs – Take out the yolk and add 1 Tbsp Guacamole
- MK’s Deviled Eggs – Guacamole combined with wild canned tuna or salmon
- Mini Mexican Veggie Burger Bites – Cook veggie burgers and cut in wedges, speed a layer of guacamole and salsa for dipping
- 4 Layer Nacho Cups – Get disposable cups and layer, guacamole, black beans, salsa and top with black olives – add a chip and you’re good to go!
- Baked Sweet & Salty Nut – Spread raw nuts of choice on a tray, spray with olive oil or egg whites and add cocoa powder
- Baked Chili & Lime Cashews – Baking sheet and spread cashews, then pour a mixture of chili and lime spice combined with lime juice. Bake in the over and serve!
- Bean Salad for Dipping or Lettuce Cups – Mix beans of choice, salsa and veggies of choice such as celery, onions and peppers. You can add guacamole too. You can’t go wrong with this recipe! Have fun with it:)
- Homemade Sweet Potato Chips – Simply thinly slice, spray with olive oil, add sea salt and bake!
- Veggies and Hummus
- Mini Waffle Choco Cakes – Mini Vans Chocolate Chip Waffles, Peanut Butter or Nutella (or both) – Top with light coconut whipped cream.
- Turkey or Chicken, Hummus & Avocado Roll Ups – take an Ezekiel (your choice) wrap and spread hummus and sliced avocado and turkey (from organic rotisserie) roll up and slice into mini slices, add a toothpick.
- PB & Nutella Roll Up – Spread Nutella on an Ezekiel wrap and add slices of banana and chopped peanuts. Roll up and slice into mini slices, add a toothpick.
- Nutella, Banana & Chopped Nut Roll Ups – Spread Nutella on an Ezekiel wrap and add slices of banana and chopped peanuts. Roll up and slice into mini slices, add a toothpick.
Hope this was helpful, I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
Be LIVE with me each day, receive even more tips and support from me by following me on Instagram @radiancemk and on Facebook here
See you there!