Happy Halloween! Normally I would send this email the day after, but girllll, set yourself up for success now and put that candy away! 😉
Have too many mini Snickers, Reece’s cups and handfuls of candy corn left you feeling bloated and reaching for a gallon of water to ease the sugar overload?
I know at this point, any parties were taking place over the weekend and candy has been circulated around your office and home now for several days…
Which can leave you feeling lethargic, craving sugar like crazy, bloated and like you need a good fat flush…argghhh?!?
So I thought ahead and created a quick and simple sugar detox guide to help get you back on track fast!
Do my MK Sugar Detox to jumpstart your body, kick cravings and have you feeling fantastic:
1) Lemon Water: Start your morning with a cup of warm water, 1/2 organic pressed lemon to release toxins, curb cravings, have a morning elimination, jumpstart your metabolism, oh and (yes, there are more benefits!) enhance your mood. Click here to watch my video.
2) MK Daily Detox Water Recipe: Make this Daily Detox water recipe from my Sip Yourself Slim Water Infusion book:
Detox daily with my fave water infusion recipe:
- 2 organic thinly sliced lemons
- 1 medium thinly sliced organic cucumber
- 2-4 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- purified water
- 15 mint leaves
Continue to refill the pitcher until cucumber gets soggy, then time to make a new batch!
Drink 1-3 liters per day!
3) Get a Good Sweat Session: Get your body moving and detoxing with a good heart pumping workout like running, dancing, or spinning. Whatever you can do to sweat and release those toxins. Sauna’s are great but we want your heart pumping!
4) Protein: Protein, protein, protein at every meal, especially breakfast! It’s the key to balancing blood sugar and insulin and cutting cravings. Start the day with whole farm eggs or a protein shake. Have protein at every meal. A serving size is 4-6 ounces or the size of your palm.
5) Kick Cravings: Green Tea, Mint Tea and/or Cinnamon Tea will help to curb your after sugar shock cravings!
6) Let it go: Release the past. You ate it, now it’s a new day. That’s the beauty of time and life, you can start fresh at any moment. But it’s only a new start when you’re looking ahead and in the present, not looking back.
7) Eat Fat: Yes you heard me correctly, this will satiate you and keep those cravings away! Small amounts at each meal will help you a ton! Fat is not a four-letter word. Fat doesn’t make you fat, sugar does. Fat makes you full, balances your blood sugar. Along with protein, have good fats at every meal and snack including nuts and seeds (which also contain protein), extra virgin olive oil, coconut butter, avocados, and omega 3 fats from fish.
8) Eat unlimited carbs (the right ones): Did you know that vegetables are carbs? There is one catch. I only mean the non-starchy veggies such as greens, broccoli (cauliflower, kale, collards, etc.), asparagus, green beans, mushrooms, onions, zucchini, tomatoes, fennel, eggplant, artichokes, peppers, etc. What’s out are potatoes, sweet potatoes, winter squash and beets for eating in unlimited amount. Skip grains for 7 days to give your body a break after the sugar to supercharge the results so you can feel great.
Do this for 3-10 Days and you’ll feel fantastic, flush out fat, curb cravings and help kick your sugar habit!
Get the most out of my MK Sugar Detox, by:
- Use this time to reconnect to you and your body.
- Grab a journal and record how you feel and what comes up for you during this 3-10 day period.
- Notice your mindset, be aware of your thoughts about food, yourself, your health and your body.
- Be Mindful, and in touch with your cravings, when they come up notice them. What is it you are really wanting in that moment? What is it you are really needing?
- Track your sleep, moods and bowel movements while doing this detox.
I’d love to hear how this goes for you, post below or email me directly at email@example.com!