In this episode of the Wholeness Podcast, Melissa starts off on the lighter side of how these tendencies within us arise, the ideal way to relate to them to release the power they have over us.
By midway through, Melissa is deep into the psychology and metaphysical understanding of relating to these “identities or ailments” as deemed by ourselves and culture to truly heal and let them go.
Melissa explains that we have been taught to relate to and treat anxiety, overwhelm, procrastination and indecision as markers for weakness, and to shut them down, causing additional feelings of guilt, shame and frustration to arise, which lead to even more severe symptoms of the same.
Instead, Melissa Kathryn shares her simple and effective approach to fully heal, release and let go of these what she calls “false identities” to truly heal them and let go.
Melissa shares with listeners simple steps for approaching anxiety, overwhelm, and chronic procrastination in a way that will lead to whole body healing rather than feeding into the cycle of those tendencies.
The first thing to remember is that these feelings originate in your mind, which is set up to always keep you safe, and the answer is to get grounded within yourself and seek the answers from your body. It is often quite difficult to overcome the mindsets that have been programmed in us by our circumstances or by the feelings and needs of our inner child, but a good way to start is with these steps:
- Know that you will never have a question that your body does not know the answer to. Consider whether you are taking the time to look inward and whether you are trusting the guidance you receive there.
- Accept that there is nothing wrong with you. You are and can only be right, no matter what your mind tries to tell you about the different parts of yourself. There is so much pressure on women to look, act, talk, and think the “right” way, but there is nothing wrong with you when you are connected to your higher self.
- Get in touch with your inner child. She has set up these beliefs and narratives for some reason, so take some time with her to find out what she needs. Sit with one hand on your heart and one hand on your womb and ask her what she needs and then affirm that she is safe, that you are safe. When you have had enough time talking with your inner child, merge the parts of yourself by rubbing your arms and legs, recoding your thinking and confirming that you are safe to be and to feel.
What You’ll Learn:
- Overcoming anxiety, overwhelm, indecision and procrastination
- Listening to the answers of your body
- Seeing your anxiety, overwhelm, and chronic procrastination as a gift
- Tactical, practical, and spiritual wholeness
- How to powerfully heal and treat the root cause inwardly with her step by step guided process
- How to shift your experience and reactions on a cellular level to be fully free from this nervous system responses
“What is the thing that you chronically notice yourself saying or feeling?”
“You cannot overthink yourself out of a negative thought.”
“You have to take your thoughts out of your head and put them into paper.”
“I think that things that make sense make sense.”
“We love labels to the point where it is detrimental.”
“You will never have a question that your higher self does not know the answer to.”
“Your body will always lead you to the answer.”
“Are you taking the time to look inward?”
“Where we put our focus, our energy grows.”
“ADD and dyslexia are super powers.”
“Are you trusting the guidance you receive?”
“The universe responds with immediate action to the answers that we are given.”
“The path of least resistance is when we are energetically aligned.”
“If you experience overwhelm, procrastination, indecision, stress, or anxiety, it is not because you want to self-sabotage.”
“We need to stop making ourselves wrong for the parts of ourselves.”
“There’s nothing wrong about you.”
“All of these parts of you are protection mechanisms.”
“There is so much that has been projected on females and it’s really because everybody fears how powerful we have always been.”
“I never want you to live in the past. What I want you to do is recognize that you have power over the present.”
“What if your ______ is a gift to protect you?”
“Your inner child created this level of being.”
“Fear breeds fear. Love breeds wholeness.”
“We can’t keep putting off the things we are called to.”
Books Referenced in Today’s Episode:
Have Questions, Need Support or Want Melissa to Coach You? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Weekly Inspiration, Coaching and Mindset Tips and the latest news on events, programs and retreats at www.melissakathryn.com
Follow Melissa on social media:
Listen to the Wholeness Podcast on:
Click here to leave a review!