During this episode of the Wholeness podcast, Melissa offers advice on finding your soul’s purpose. Now on her 3rd career, she is a firm believer in following your soul’s guidance and harnessing your innate gifts, knowing that there is never one path but many we can subscribe to in life if we are brave, trust within and follow our passions. She, like many of us, was told that there were only a few “acceptable” career choices and that interests in the arts or other creative, “out of the box” interests were meant to be hobbies, not careers.
In fact, every single person’s soul has a purpose that can be discovered by answering the questions in this episode’s exercise led by Melissa. And she explains the beautiful way to narrow down your soul’s purpose and craft it into a career or a business for yourself that you will enjoy doing every day of your life, that will make you money.
This can seem like an impossible task, but Melissa encourages you to take the pressure off of yourself by finding the “perfect” career right off the bat and having all the answers for exactly “how” it’s going to work.
Even Melissa has changed her business name and services more times than she can count, and every time she was getting closer and closer to her soul’s purpose. Her second encouragement is to start somewhere. Don’t let your fear of the unknown keep you from taking a step forward. Try not to be close minded, instead tap into what feels good. It’s often the things we are good at, that bring us joy, that are never what we deem as our talents because they have always come easily to us.
Melissa suggests talking with other people who are in the field you are considering and asking them everything you want to know about they day-to-day tasks. Another great exercise is asking 3-10 people closest to you, a mix of family, friends, and colleagues, that they think you are good at, turn you for help with or would see you be good at it career wise.
Melissa ends the episode by talking with two women who are embarking on this journey of self-discovery and purpose discovery. Her advice to them is to immerse yourself in your interests without expectations or timelines and to get centered by listening to your body along the way. She says that stepping towards fear will lead to freedom, and isn’t that what we are all looking for?
- Melissa’s journey to finding her soul’s purpose
- Grew up being told that only “mainstream” careers were realistic
- She has gone through several iterations of her business to get where she is today
- Overcame adversity and health challenges along the way
- Discovering your soul’s purpose
- What was your college major and why?
- Are you doing anything related to your major?
- If you are not, do you wish you were?
- Close your eyes, breathe deeply in for 3, and exhale for 3 (repeat)
- Think back to your childhood dream career
- What were you naturally good at growing up? And now?
- How much does what you’re currently doing line up with the things you’re naturally good at and enjoy? What are the correlations?
- If you could pay to do anything for a living, what would it be?
- Is that a possibility for you?
- Next steps to living into your soul’s purpose
- Listen to this podcast
- Go through the exercise
- Identify your fears
- Determine your action step to get started
What You’ll Learn:
- How to discover your soul’s purpose
- You don’t have to stick to a “mainstream” career
- Trusting yourself
- Recognizing what you want to do, like to do, and have a natural talent to do
- Letting go of limiting beliefs
- Staying in the flow
- Diving into your fears to overcome them
- Finding what lights you up
“Everything I teach has a lesson in it for you.”
“In school, I was taught to be a doctor, be a lawyer, or be a teacher.”
“When we talk about your soul’s purpose, it’s generally something you feel pulled to and called to.”
“If this is it, am I going to be happy?”
“A big part of going towards your soul’s purpose is about trusting yourself.”
“If you never struggle with something, you don’t have much of a story to share.”
“My soul’s purpose I knew intertwined with helping people.”
“You’re still helping and healing others just by being you.”
“The desire and the pull that I had towards it scared me because it was too big and I didn’t think I could do it.”
“Do only what feels good and excites you.”
“You will evolve with your business.”
“Your soul will call you to do things that will bring you to your highest evolution of self so that you can succeed in everything you were meant to do.”
“There are always ways to incorporate your dreams into careers.”
“Take away the quintessentialized concepts of what a career needs to look like and identify the limiting beliefs you have.”
“Start inquiring within about that which you desire.”
“You’re never too young or too old.”
“Not being tied to an outcome and trusting what feels good for you and where you’re being guided is the most important and most powerful thing you have on your side.”
“You were given special innate gifts and abilities and they are meant to be shared.”
Marie Forleo: https://www.marieforleo.com
Receive additional FREE trainings with Melissa Kathryn on Youtube Here: https://bit.ly/34rqlM
Have Questions, Need Support or Want Melissa to Coach You? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Weekly Inspiration, Coaching and Mindset Tips and the latest news on events, programs and retreats at www.melissakathryn.com
Follow Melissa on social media:
Listen to the Wholeness Podcast on:
Click here to leave a review!