Restriction of any kind will only lead to rebelling, i.e. overeating, binging and derailing your efforts.
Which is why I wanted to share with you my amazing tips on how to lose belly fat fast and my top weight loss tips to stop dieting all together!
Non-Diet Tips to Pick to Get the Weight Off and Flatten Your Belly:
- Stop Eating Fake Foods – Ditch diet foods all together, they only spice your insulin and leave you unsatisfied.
- Be conscious of carbs at night – They are fuel, you don’t need fuel to sleep!
- Keep it Simple. Simplify your meals – less is best, meaning go clean, less sauces and toppings
- Stay away from fried foods – you may think this is a no brainer but so many foods are lightly fried you don’t know it.
- Practice Intuitive eating/mindful eating – this is about reconnecting to your body and knowing what it’s hungry for and when.
- Add more fiber – Yes the green stuff, add it whenever you can!
- Set the Stage for Success – Eat sitting down, Smaller portions, Chew Slowly
- Drink more water – aim for 3 liters per day.
- Eat Clean – Eat more whole foods and Less processed foods – this alone will have you dropping the pounds without trying
- Home cooking – save money and calories!
- Protein: Get lean protein and add it at each meal.
- Most of all…Listen to what your body wants
Top Diet Tips to Ditch:
- Wheat Bread – 3 tsp of sugar per slice. Yikes! That’s your intake for the day.
- Protein Bars – opt for real food, these are full of fillers, chemicals and binders that cause poor gut health and leave your energy stagnant.
- Gluten Free – gluten free doesn’t mean it’s calorie free…(a.k.a Snackwell cookies 😂, if you were like me I’d eat a box thinking they were fat free=calorie free. Gluten free actually has more calories and more fat, so go there if you need to but you’re not going to lose weight. Weight loss comes from decreasing processed foods, which many contain gluten.
- ALL Fake health foods (you know my point on this)
- Using Truvia & Agave Nectar
- Fruit Juice or dried fruit – eat whole fruit instead
- Dairy substitutes – make sure they do not contain carrageen and guar gum – both a thickening agent that causes gut issues and bloating.
- Restriction of any kind around food – it leads to rebelling, overeating and binging
Belly Shrinking Secrets:
- Eating healthy fats – avocado, nuts and seeds, coconut oil
- Take digestive Enzymes
- Drink warm lemon water each morning
- Intuitive eating
- HIIT Workouts
- Eat Early – have breakfast early and finish dinner early
- *Think of food as fuel – you don’t fuel your body to go to sleep – it turns into fat
- Add more lean protein and have it at with each meal
- Watch sugar – sugar is fat, the more you have, the more fat you hold and create
- Sleep is essential – aim for 8 hours – sleep between 10pm-2am is key
- Yoga – relaxation is key to balancing your hormones and keeping your cortisol low
Belly Shrinking Exercise:
- Celebrity breathe work trick
- Lift Heavy
- Add in interval sprints to your workout
- HIIT training
- Breathe work – breathe is key to a flat belly and sane mind
- Kettle Bells Swings -good for full body
- Pilates 500 and roll up
- Plank and side plank
Now I want to hear from you!
What are you committed to ditching and picking?
Let me know, by sharing with me over in Done With Dieting, our amazing online community! Get in on the action here and share with me your fave tip from today’s blog.
Can’t wait to hear from you and meet you over in DWD!