You can sculpt areas, you can lift your butt, flatten your abs and shape your arms, but to really see muscle, it’s important to lift heavy (in my opinion) and have overall fat loss.
This is also where your cardio and diet come into play, and girl, you cannot outsmart a bad diet…I don’t care how much you train, how often or how intense, if you eat too much or eat crappy food, you will not see results. Also, if you only eat well 2-3 days a week, your results will be minimal and most likely you will give up before you see results.
So instead of giving up, giving in or not giving it your all, follow these weight training tips to get the most out of your workouts and see results!
Weight Training Tips To Get The Most Out of Your Workout!
- Breathe: Breathing is everything, your blood and muscles need oxygen in order to work for you while you’re training.
- Watch Your Form: Bad form will cause injury and can keep you from seeing your results.
- Lift Heavy: You will not bulk. Lift heavy for reps of 8-10 tops, do this to break down muscle fibers, which is what builds lean muscle and helps break through plateaus.
- Add in HITT: Get an extra fat burning boost by adding in small bouts of heart racing cardio. Ex: Jumping jacks, jump rope, mountain climbers, sprints, plyos. Choose 1-3 and do these for 1 minute between circuits for an added 150-300 calorie burn.
- Don’t Rest: Too often men and women take too long of rest periods between sets and circuits. To keep your metabolism revved and to burn out your muscles, keep moving.
- Hydrate: Hydration is key when working out period!
- Protein: Aim to ingest 20-30 grams of protein within 30min – 1 hour of working out.
- Fat: Do not eat fat before lifting or working out, reason being you want to burn fat, when you ingest fat before working out, your body uses that as fuel instead of burning stored fat as fuel, which is what you want.
Now go get girl!
I know the weekend is here, but don’t use that as an excuse to not move.
Give yourself the gift, be grateful for your health, that you have the ability to get stronger, move faster and be better. That you can change your body and regain your health.
Trust me, as someone that was not able to workout for almost 6 months and had cancer (yup I’m using the C-card), being healthy and having energy, being able to move your body…this is gift. Do not take it for granted!
Yes, this was a guilt trip…haha, this is why you love me and read my notes to you 😉
Have a great weekend!