Did you know the average person gains 2-3 pounds between Thanksgiving and New Years? That’s enough to make your jeans feel all sorts of uncomfortable and we certainly don’t want that!
At this time of year there are more parties, late dinners and “To-Do” lists. It seems endless so it’s hard to enjoy the holidays without feeling stressed and weighed down…literally.
Instead of waiting until the New Year, use my
15 Tips below to Stay Sane and Slim this Holiday Season and Get it All Done with Ease!
1. Eat clean 80% of the time. Monday-Friday aim to keep your diet in check and consistent with whole, clean, unprocessed/unpackaged foods. On the weekends, enjoy but remember it’s not about gorging, it’s about enjoying and knowing you’re in control.
2. Get your Z’s… Women in particular need their sleep. It curbs cravings, levels out hormones, keeps the crazy away (you know what I’m talking about) and balances our appetite and our energy too.
3. You can’t do it all, so don’t try to. Where can you delegate or take things off your plate? Are you creating unnecessary stress? Try some of these ides – get gift bags instead of wrapping everything, order online instead of in the store, start prepping the food now and freeze it for later, and ask for help or hire help.
4. Make your workouts non-negotiable. When you know you can’t do more, move more throughout your day. Try some of these – stand at your desk, take calls and pace around, do squats while watching TV, take the stairs, and dance around.
5. Don’t put it off, get your shopping and cards done now. Take 1 weekend to bang it all out: order everything online on a Saturday and write all your cards on a Sunday. Give yourself this peace of mind and satisfaction.
6. Sip and Savor your food and cocktails. When we celebrate, we get excited and keep eating and/or drinking. Be present. Take your time. Enjoy and savor the delicious holiday foods and cocktails. This way you won’t feel deprived and you are in control. Too many cocktails make our minds go into binge mode.
7. Skip the “It’s this time of year” mentality which gives you an excuse to let go of your healthy habits and go overboard. You are only going to regret this! Save yourself from your inner critic.
8. Plan and prepare as many homemade meals as you can. Stay in control of what you’re eating and know exactly what you’re putting into your body.
9. Be selective with your treats. If it’s not amazing, why are you eating it?
10. Downsize your plates. Use an appetizer plate instead of filling a normal sized plate, especially at buffets.
11. Bring your own dish. I love this and always bring a huge salad, veggies or dip so I know I’m covered.
12. Watch your creams. Eggnog, cream sauces, White Russian cocktails are a few examples of calories killers!
13. Watch your portions, not your calories. Pay attention to your portion sizes, even with healthy fair. This is more important and will keep you in a positive mindset with your body and food choices.
14. Don’t skip meals, especially the day of a dinner party! This will cause you get too hungry and make poor choices.
15. Be present with your friends and family. Unplug and enjoy your time together. Make memories and honor yourself for all you do!